!--> Pinky-Ribbons









Review: The Face Shop Face It Velvet Primer ~
In my last haul I have talked briefly about this product and why I was eager to try this out. I was using the Makeup Forever HD primer in green before this for almost a year now, and wanted to try something different but didn't know what one to choose since there seems to be so many different primers out in the market these days, therefore, I just went with the one that Get It Beauty recommended on their show ~

I haven't tried a lot of velvet/satin finish primers before, pretty much all my previous ones have either colour correcting (tinted) properties to them or they are more of a cream type of primer, but I wanted to see how this performed and whether it actually made my skin feel smooth and soft like velvet ~


I love the box packaging so much ~

The Packaging reminds me of snow ^^ ~ so pretty ~ ~ 


There are 2 different types of formulations in the same line, one is the original one which is the one I have and the other is called 'Face it Moisture Fitting Primer' which as the name suggests is for dry skin people or those who want a dewy/moisture look to their skin.



English Description & Information about the product ~ I will type of all of this since I know it is hard to read >.< ~ 

The information & description about product in Hangul ~



"A primer covering pores and fine lines and creating a smooth skin texture without unevenness"
 - TheFaceShop

For the price we are paying for this, I would have to say it leaves a really smooth finish on the skin. Your skin literally feels like silk after you apply this which makes make-up apply easier ~
However, I can't tell you whether or not that this primer will help you to smooth out and cover fine lines as I don't have any wrinkles on my skin yet, but I haven't noticed a huge difference to the size of my pores when using this ~




The product pumps out as a creamy-white-almost-translucent gel like consistency ~


But once you start patting it into the skin, the gel turns into almost a watery texture which makes it easier to absorb into the skin and makes the skin less greasy and heavy feeling ~

"Uneven skin surface is covered to enable the skin texture to appear smooth and clean, while sebum to prevent sheen and enables make-up to remain supple for an extended period. Non-sticky, oil-free formula makes each use velvety-light and refreshing.
*Excessive amount may make subsequent application of make-up clump. Dab lightly as if filling up pores or fine lines for greater effects"
 - TheFaceShop

I honestly have to say that the product does live up to some of the claims, such as the formula of this product isn't sticky at all, though I am not entirely sure whether I would recommend this to people who have really oily skin all over just because I find my T-zone and other places still shows up in around 5 hours after applying full make-up on. 

 
You can see and tell that my skin is relatively much smoother on the After side ~
That being said, I do find my make-up to last a little longer than without wearing any primer, usually my skin gets oily within 3 hours, 4 at maximum, so to have it last until 5 is an improvement and shows that this stuff really does help your make-up to last longer ~


DIRECTIONS:
Before make-up, dispense an adequate amount and apply evenly to the skin. Then, pat lightly with the palms for full absorption.

CAUTION:
For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use if signs of irritation or rash appear. Do not use on broken or abraded skin.


INGREDIENTS:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silyate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Alphaha-Isomethyl Ionene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Linalool, Benzyl Slicylate, Limonene, Geraniol


Fragrance: 5/5 (There is no distinctive fragrance YAY ^^~)
Texture/Finish: 4/5
Sebum Control: 3/5
Lasting Power: 4/5
Pore Covering: 2.8/5

Overall:
The one thing that I love about this primer than the Etude House Baby Choux Base is that this one does not have any scent to it or even if there is it's very subtle and definitely not noticeable. I find that the Etude House one is too overpowering sometimes and can give me a headache if I use it everyday, but do bare in mind that I am quite sensitive to artificial smelling things whether it be skin care, make-up, hair care or body care stuff.
In general this primer does live up to the biggest claim which is to smooth out your skin texture and it does make your make-up last longer than usual, which is a must in a primer right? I mean that's why we use primers in the first place, but I'm not sure how well this primer would perform for oily skin and whether or not it would help their make-up last any longer ~ But since my skin does tend to get pretty oily during summer or whenever the whether gets hotter I will post an update on how I feel about this product, since currently I am leaning more towards the normal/combination skin type ~
If you suffer from large pores though, I suggest you go search for something else to use. I have pretty large pores myself and although it did cover a bit, it still isn't up to my satisfaction. However, I like to use this in conjunction with 'TheFaceShop Face It Cut Oil Pore Balm' which will be my next review ~


Take Care ~ ♥





.

Labels: , , , , ,

Sunday 31 March 2013, 05:51 | 0 lovely comments



« Older posts | Newer posts»


Follow @helloimmay95