!--> Pinky-Ribbons









Review: Rojukiss Enca AC CONTROL BALANCING Emulsion ~
I apologize that it has taken me this long to finally do a review on a Rojukiss Enca product that I hauled a few months back, but I just have so much skin care items that I need to get through (especially moisturizers) and to me, emulsion/lotion/moisturizers whatever you personally like to call it is the most effective item in my skin care routine. Well I guess essences and serums do play quite a big role in having better skin because it is meant to be the most concentrated product in your skin care but I am the most pickiest person when it comes to moisturizers which is why I have so many because I always want to find something better ~

Before placing the huge order on the whole Enca set, I had previously ordered the sun cream separately from wishtrend (review for that will be coming up soon as well) ~ but you can probably guess what my opinion was towards that since I ended up buying the whole set XD ~ I had high hopes for this line because of the sun cream.


"Every time you look yourself in a mirror, those trouble spot and sensitive reactins on your skin can make you feel miserable and now, ENCA can restore the dazzling smile and confidence on your face.

DIRECTIONS:
Apply evenly on your skin, pad thoroughly until AC CONTROL BALANCING EMULSION is absorbed completely onto the skin."

However, because I do not live in South Korea or in a country where Rojukiss Enca products are readily available to me, I have to take my chances and buy my products online or get them sent to me by friends living or visiting there for holiday ~ therefore, I was unable to check on the ingredients list before buying this, and with me I am quite sensitive to certain ingredients, especially one; paraffinum liquidum aka more better known as 'mineral oil'.
If you don't know what mineral oil is, in my understanding it is in a lot of cosmetic products in particular road shop/drug store/high street brand names. This is because mineral oil is an inexpensive ingredient to use in their products to replace other types of oils or ingredients as supposedly in a more higher end brand. However, there has been a myth going around that mineral oil causes acne since it can cause clogging in your pores, many people say 'if you have oily skin, don't use products that consist of mineral oil'. I guess that sort of makes sense right? if you have oilier skin type then your pores will be wider in the first place which means your pores will clog up faster than someone with dry skin, but it's also not good to use it in the long term for dry skin either. And now days you may notice many of the road shop/drug store brands claim to be 4 free, 5 free, 6 free, 7 free or more and what that means is the amount of ingredients that are claimed by the beauty scientists and dermatologists as being 'harmful' to your health and your skin which usually consists of parabens, SLS, mineral oil and etc.

Now I have used a variety of different products from foundations/bb creams, primers/base, cleansing creams to moisturizers that all contain mineral oil and some of those do cause me to break out and some don't. I can work with bb creams and cleansing creams that consist of mineral oil but the only reason is probably because I am not applying the bb cream straight off on my bare face like I would with a primer or moisturizer and with a cleansing cream well I have it on my skin for less than 5 minutes so it's not like my skin is absorbing any of the ingredients in it ~ OK enough of my rambling now, to shorten things basically this product broke me out, not in huge zits or as in acne but it caused me to have these tiny little pumps on my skin ~ I think this product may be too moisturizing on my skin or it's the mineral oil that is clogging up my pores around my cheek area which is where I tend to break out the most.
However everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to every product, so for this who have oily skin and suffers with trouble prone skin, this might still work for you, just because it broke me out doesn't mean it will for you as well ~


Ingredients list is in both English & Hangul ~ ^^

So to prevent you all from repeating what I had to go through, and to make things easier for you all I will also write up the ingredients list so you can check if your allergic to any of the ingredients here ~

INGREDIENTS:
WATER, MINERAL OIL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECYL MYRISTATE, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN STEARATE, ARBUTIN, FICUS CARICA (FIG) FRUIT EXTRACT, CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, HYDROGENATED COCONUT OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL OIL, SODIUM HYLURONATE, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT, PORTULACA ORLERACEA EXTRACT, ANGELICA DAHURICA ROOT EXTRACT, SOLUBLE COLLAGEN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, PAEONIA LACTIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT, PONICRUS TRIFOLIATA FRUIT EXTRACT, DNIDIUM OFFICINALE ROOT EXTRACT, PUERARIA THUNBERGIANA ROOT EXTRACT, CORYDALIS TURTSCHANINOVII ROOT EXTRACT, CELLULOSE GUM, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, STEARIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, CARBOMER, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM METABISULFITE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGYLCERIDE, CERAMIDE 3, CHOLESTEROL FRAGRANCE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN.





Now my opinion is set aside, I will get onto the packaging. Generally, I prefer my skin care products to be in a glass bottle because it not only looks nicer on my vanity table but it feels sturdier and higher quality than a bottle made of plastic. I mean the packaging for this isn't bad or cheaply made, it does feel sturdy but the pakcaging is quite plain looking which some of you may like, I personally like my skin care products to have a little colour to them. The one good thing is you get quite a lot of product 140ml which is a good value of money.



"FEATURES:
AC CONTROL BALANCING EMULSION will help your skin healthy and clear through mild effect on your troubled areas, providing perfect balance on your skin tone with active sebum control effect.

AC CONTROL BALANCING EMULSION rejuvenates problem skin with essential extracts of Stearic acid, Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, Pueraria lobata root extract to prevents your skin from moisture loss and clear away trouble and perfect your skin to a healthy youthful look."
  - ENCA
Though the company translates their products all in English, which is nice and helpful for international fans, sometimes their translations don't make sense or it isn't translated 100% correctly to what it should be but that is fine, I won't criticize them for that since their first language is not English and it's not so bad, we can still tell and understand what they are trying to say ~





rub rub rub ~ ^^


Or you can pat the product into the skin for better absorption as well ~


 
The product comes out as a white gel lotion texture. It does provide you with quite a considerate amount of moisture to your skin without it looking greasy but if you have drier skin then you may have to layer a more hydrating moisturizer on top since this is an emulsion it won't give you high moisture for a long amount of time.



Fragrance: 1/5
Texture: 3/5
Performance/Effects: 1/5

Overall:
I'm sad to say I didn't like this product at all, mainly because it broke me out. At first I thought it was just the purging stage which happens in a lot of products where you are meant to break out before your skin gets better and starts to show more results but it's been around a month since I started using this and my skin was getting worse and worse so I stopped using this and went back to using my Nanas'B Acness Emulsion and my skin instantly cleared back up.
I probably would have continued on using this if it wasn't for this scent of this, if I am correct from the ingredients list this product doesn't contain any fragrance/perfume which may be the reason why this smells so bad! but I honestly couldn't stand the scent, it would just linger on my face and it literally made me feel like I wanted to be sick and caused me to have headaches. Do take note though that I suffer from quite bad migraines and fragrance and light and sometimes sound can trigger my migraines easily.

Would I Repurchase: NO!

Take Care ~ ♥

Labels: , , , , , ,

Monday 22 April 2013, 10:03 | 0 lovely comments



« Older posts | Newer posts»


Follow @helloimmay95