!--> Pinky-Ribbons









Review: TheFaceShop Face It Oil Cut Pore Balm ~
As I previous stated in my last post I will be doing a review on The Face Shop Face It Oil Cut Pore Balm and this review sort of links with my previous one on 'The Face Shop Face It Velvet Primer' so if you haven't seen my review for that, then you can always check it out but for those of you who have no interest in that what-so-ever then I guess I will just give you a brief explanation as to why these two are linked together ~

In my other review I had stated that that primer didn't really do anything for my pores, I have quite large pores which are more visible in person than on camera and somehow whenever I apply on make-up my pores seems to seem more noticeable than without any make-up on. Well, you know no body really likes having big pores so I wanted another product to help fill them in before my foundation.

"Oil Control Balm perfectly filling visible pores and fine lines for porcelain-like smooth skin"

Honestly speaking, when I first bought this I didn't think it was going to work and the idea of putting this waxy balm wasn't exactly a pleasant as well since my initial thought was; Waxy-textured-balm-applied-on-face = oily and greasy looking skin.

However, one day I just decided to try it out and I have to say I fell in love with it! Not only did it not make my skin oily, it didn't feel heavy on the skin at all and in fact I think it kind of helps with sebum/oil control as well ^^



The information of this product is in both Hangul and English ^^ ~ 


"This magic balm prevents sheen caused by excessive sebum and keeps the skin soft all day long. It improves adherence to the skin of products used in subsequent stages for a velvet-like smooth finish.
*Oil-Cut Complex: A patented phyto-complex containing mung bean extract, birch extract and curly dock extract to prevent skin problems by controlling sebum production [Patient No. 10-071438]"

DIRECTIONS: After completing skin care and before beginning make-up, use a puff included in the package to apply lightly to areas that have troubled pores or appear excessively shiny. 

CAUTION: For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use if signs of irritation or rash appear. Do not use on broken or abraded skin. 

   - The Face Shop


The wax in the product is actually a lighter shade than this but the camera isn't doing it justice >.< ~
It's more of a pale creamy yellow shade 


Hmm.. I have a feeling this is actually a dupe on the Benefit Dr. Feelgood primer/balm but I am not 100% sure on that as I have never tried that product before, but judging from the packaging and the product it does look very similar ~ maybe one day when I try that I will do a comparison review ~




The packaging (both box and actual product packaging) leaves finger print marks on it easily >.<" ~

The colour of the packaging is super pretty, it's a metallic blue colour! ~ but the actual packaging of the product feels very cheap and very... what's the word to describe it... unsturdy? basically it feels like it could break if you bend it too much. But then again we are paying 8,800 for this product so we can't expect some luxurious packaging but I do think it could have been made slightly better ~





The product also comes with a sponge applicator (I apologize mine is quite dirty) and they basically suggest you use this sponge applicator to apply on this product. I do admit using the sponge does make life a lot easy as with a brush you might not get the best results and it would be quite hard to get the product out with your hands, though I have never tried so feel free too if you wish ~
However, as you can all probably guess putting a sponge in the product back and forth will contaminate it and spread bacteria which means you are putting bacteria onto your face and can cause acne, which I am sure nobody wants so you will have to make sure to clean that sponge thoroughly and regularly to prevent bacteria and dirt from building up in that sponge.

The smell is also one of the main factors of this product ~ it has an awfully strong herbal scent to it. It kind of reminds me of oriental chinese herbal medicine type of scent. And because the scent is quite overpowering it might put you off from using the product, but if you can overcome that scent I would highly recommend anyone to try this product out, apart from those with dry skin, this product may accentuate those dry areas, but The Face Shop has a product which is exactly like this but is made for dry skin called 'The Face Shop Face it Moisture Pore Balm' with the pink packaging instead of the blue.




Because of the metallic box, the writing on it can be quite hard to read and especially hard to take a image >.< ~


INGREDIENTS:
DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGYLCERIDE, SILICA, ALUMINUM STARCH, OCTENYLSUCCINATE, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, LAUROYL LYSINE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), POLYETHYLENE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, GLYCERYL BEHENATE, GLYCERYL DIBEHENATE, TRIBEHENIN, HYDROXYAPATITE, BETULA PLATYPHYLLA JAPONICA BARK EXTRACT, BHT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PHASELOUS RADIATUS EXTRACT, RUMEX CRISPUS ROOT EXTRACT, WATER, BETA-CAROTENE, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE, CITRAL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL

Fragrance: 1/5
Texture/Finish: 4/5
Sebum Control: 3.8/5
Lasting Power: 2.5/5
Pore Covering: 5/5


Overall:
Now this is where the actual link between the two primers come in. Although this product has an amazing texture and covers up pores really well as well as controlling the amount of sebum/oil from producing on my T-Zone area and chin. The only con to this is that I don't find my make-up lasts any longer with this on than without it.
However, technically I wouldn't classify this as a primer but it does function as a base or more so a pore covering base. Therefore, in order to get the best of both worlds, I would combine this with the other face shop primer, so I could still extend my make-up's lasting power whilst have something to deal with my pores.
Some of you may think that this may be too much product, too time consuming to do and too expensive since you will have to purchase two different products to use. But both products combined together are still fairly cheap and is no where the price of some higher end products I have seen in the market. Obviously this also depends on where you live and where you buy it from as well. For those of you with large pores and/or oily skin you may think it will be worth it just like I do.
For reference I would apply this after The Face Shop Face it Velvet Skin Primer on the areas where I have the largest pores and also on areas where I tend to get oily the most which are on the T-zone and chin.
Another thing to note is the packaging, I honestly really don't like the packaging at all and would probably give this a 1.5 at max. But it's the product that counts really.


Would I Repurchase: Definitely, I think this will be my HG pore filler until I find something better ~


Take Care ~ ♥

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Sunday 7 April 2013, 05:55 | 0 lovely comments



« Older posts | Newer posts»


Follow @helloimmay95